Reprographics Operator reporting to the Pre-Press Manager.
Working within a busy, fun studio & design environment of a leading food development & manufacturing company, you will be working with :
- Artworking Function
- Packaging Development Team
- Specifications Team
- Brand Team
- Innovation Managers
- International Team
- Printers (Global)
- Pre-Press Manager
- Head of Print & Packaging
- Prepare accurate artworks and repro from briefs.
- Create print ready artwork for various packaging types.
- Retouching, checking and amending existing artwork as required.
- Proofing artworks and quality checking production proofs as and when required.
- Monitor, prioritise and communicate status of tasks to meet deadlines and production requirements.
- Ensure guideline processes are followed.
- Based in London, but must be able to travel as required.
- Support Press approvals as required.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Amending, checking and pre-flighting artwork.
- Ensuring consistency of artwork.
- Working to Master Style Guides and implementing consistency across range.
- To ensure that all images and files are complete and ready for printing according to the printer specifications.
- Offering technical advice and ensuring all artwork is achievable within print production constraints.
- Ensure all guidelines are followed.
- Checking for any artwork errors.
- Providing colour proofing.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite for artwork and prepress.
- Delivery of Colour Standards within Specification to Print Press requirements.
- Timely delivery of repro files to specification.
- Management of activities within critical paths.
- Deliver improvements to streamline process and workflows to deliver Right First Time results.
- Ability to mentor new and other staff, providing training wherever necessary.
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALITIES
- Reprographics Operator experience in the packaging industry.
- Master of Esko software solutions and workflows.
- Proven knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrable knowledge of repro skills for Litho, Flexo and Gravure printing processes.
- Colour management.
- Good pre-press and PDF workflow knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years Experience in Reprographics.
- Demonstrable workload management skills.
- Inquisitive by nature and willingness to look for novel and innovative solutions.
- Good clear communication.
- Open, honest and trustworthy.
- Able to work independently and with initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work within teams.
- Experience in consumer food packaging sector
- Experience on press with hands on knowledge
- Previous experience of FMCG/food brand solutions.
- Good level of IT skills.
- Experience in artwork production.