Conversion Operator / Supervisor - Flexible Packaging
PK4777 - CONVERSION OPERATOR / SUPERVISOR
Rates of pay dependent on proven experience
Hours: 6:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
20 days holidays plus bank holidays
Conversion Operator / Supervisor required for a busy manufacturer of carrier bags and packaging to the retail and industrial sectors. Our client offers quick turnaround including fast-track service on a selection of packaging products. High volume production capabilities allow for a high quality and efficient competitive response to orders.
Successful candidates will supervise the department while also running a machine.
- Experience of bag/pouch converting machines is essential, with at least 2 years’ experience in the flexible packaging industry.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good organisation, leadership and communication skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate the machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines and customer requirements.
- Selecting materials for the job.
- Work to ISO 9000 standards.
- Check for conformance to specifications.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to the team.
- Organise workflow by assigning responsibilities according to schedules.
- Oversee and coach employees.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
- Check production output according to specifications.
- Submit reports on performance and progress.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
Apply for Conversion Operator / Supervisor - Flexible Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly