Sales Account Manager - Beverage/Food Packaging
(PK4782) SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
HOME BASED - PREFERRED LOCATION SOUTHERN ENGLAND/EAST MIDLANDS
£40-50K + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Company Car
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of beverage and food packaging. The company are currently looking to recruit a Sales Account Manager to join their team. You will be required to travel extensively across the UK.
Job Context: Support sales activities substantially by active involvement in all kinds of customer relations management and Key Account Manager activities.
Job Purpose: Primary ownership of selective portfolio of customer accounts, meeting demands of existing customers and focusing on expanding the company’s existing customer base. Actively supporting the Segment Manager in the execution of the business growth strategy.
Customer relationship management:
- Identify leads and follow through with sales opportunities – closing sale, tracking orders, resolving concerns.
- Build networks through enhanced levels of face to face customer interaction.
- Better understand actual customer needs and apply key account management principles for the benefit of both parties.
- Prepare, present and negotiate sales proposals, including pricing and rebates based on existing policies and requests for any pricing or rebate exceptions.
- Work with customer service and quality management to track and resolve customer complaints and return issues.
- Work proactively with NPD account managers to deliver innovative products which meet customer needs.
- Three to five years practical experience in service orientated sales.
- Comprehensive bottles, jars or closures industry and product knowledge would be an advantage.
- Proven understanding of business procedures and practices.
- IT Skills – User knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
Core Behavioural Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiating and consulting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confident and influential presentation skills.
Business and Commercial Knowledge:
- Must be a well-structured individual and be commercially astute with a sound general business acumen.
- Understanding the demand forecasts, mix management and the related financial impacts is critical.
- Demand planning platform knowledge (Sales and operating plan and/or integrated business planning) will be a key advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business development skills and the ability to work closely with the new product development team in the development and delivery of new products to meet specific customer requirements.
- A Degree in business administration would be advantageous, advanced oral and written English is required, French or German language skills would be beneficial.