UK Sales Manager - Packaging Machinery
PK4800 - UK SALES MANAGER
Generous Salary + Team Commission + Car + Pension + Life Cover
Our client is a specialist in print & packaging machinery solutions, supplying from small SME’s up to blue chip brands in the food sector.
Currently recruiting for a UK Sales Manager responsible for the daily management of an external UK based sales team and also an internal customer service team. The role requires strong leadership skills and the day to day demonstration of the appropriate attitudes and behaviours, encouraging the delivery of individual and team objectives.
The company are looking for a motivated, autonomous senior sales professional with a great track record of sales successes in the print or packaging capital equipment sector. You will have a minimum of 3 years sales management preferably of both office and field based teams.
Preferred location is in a central location, however there will be a requirement to travel nationally so candidates in other key locations will be considered.
- Reporting to the Managing Director you will be commercially responsible for the overall sales team budgets and performance.
- To lead the overall management and encourage the team to develop strong relationships with customers.
- Responsible for delivering key business goals through excellent team-working and coaching.
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with potential customers through effective communication and building appropriate networks and partnerships.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue / commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Design, Production, Administration, Credit Control and Finance) to manage new accounts.
- Maintain accurate records using the agreed systems and ensures all customer files are well organised.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to prioritise in a multi-task environment.
- IT literate (MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, the internet).
- Flexibility - Willingness to travel extensively.
The successful candidate will also form part of the group senior management team and will contribute to the bigger corporate strategy. You will have a proven track record in people management and will be able to recognise and act upon commercial opportunities. You will be a natural relationship builder.