Business Development Manager - Plastics
A key opportunity exists to join a fast growing company that designs and manufactures its own customized solutions for FMCG markets. The appointed person will help the company achieve sales and profit objectives, specifically targeting new business in exciting UK markets.
- Maintain & Develop existing accounts
- New Business Development
- Business Development Planning in conjunction with Marketing & Sales
- Management and Research
Pre-sales - Developing new Accounts and fielding Enquiries
Customer Visits From initial introduction to developing ideas for innovative packaging concepts. Imaginative ideas drive the business forward. Selling these ideas to the customer.
Quotation “groundwork” Briefing designer on job specifications, obtain product samples, seek value pricing approach by understanding customer & market needs.
Samples / Prototypes These drive the product development process and enable customers to visualize the packaging and carry out trials. This aids the sales support process you will offer the customer
Quote filing/retrieval Crucial for progressing work & leads
Use of the CRM System
Sales Order - SOP – Tooling Computer input, initiate procedure p/work, progress
SOP – Production Liaise with Design to verify specification, computer input, initiate procedure p/work, progress
Customer liaison - General sales enquiries Progress of orders, modifications, quality problems – liaise with sales, production, technical teams
Contact activities How is business, more business due, satisfied with service, building relationships
- Proven B2B sales history in a bespoke packaging environment.
- A good knowledge of the retail arena is also desirable. Accurate use of CRM systems.
- Technical knowledge is not a pre-requisite to the position. A degree of Mechanical Aptitude is a definite advantage. Although backed up by the wealth of technical experience in the company, the job-holder must at least be able to explain convincingly to prospective clients about manufacturing processes in relation to their particular project.
- Problem solving, creative thinking.
- Must have good communication (face-to-face and telephone) and teamwork skills,
- Educated to A levels standard as a minimum. A working knowledge of Microsoft packages & CRM’s.
- Our client is a friendly company that excels in teamwork but work sometimes involves pressure. A sense of humour is an asset!