Corrugator Operator - Corrugated Packaging
PK4805 - CORRUGATOR OPERATOR
SOUTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£ Open (Depending on Experience) + Overtime + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Death in Service + Healthcare
Hours of Work - Double Days Shifts: 6:00am to 2:00pm & 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Our client is one of the UK's largest independent corrugated packaging manufacturers. Their converting services range from high volume transit cases to retail ready packaging and they offer a full service in all customer box design requirements to clients in FMCG and Food markets.
They are currently looking to recruit a Corrugator Operator to load, operate and set corrugator machinery, working as part of a team, to produce high quality products in a timely and efficient manner with the minimum wastage and in accordance with Company Health & Safety regulations and company initiatives and systems for effective manufacturing.
- Produce work of a high standard by adhering to quality standards to ensure that product is produced to agreed specifications.
- All quality records must be completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements as detailed in company procedures and take an active role in achieving zero accidents.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards at all times, following the companies 5’s program, to ensure a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure the companies hygiene policies are adhered too and maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate competence in timely machine set up, minimising down time / waste and maximising efficiencies by working effectively as part of the team.
- Demonstrate ability to operate machinery at the optimum run speeds and striving to surpass targets and be the best in class.
- Remain customer focused in your approach to tasks and operation.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all colleagues to promote successful teamwork, an open & honest style with a sense of urgency.
- Involvement and participation in team projects and process improvements initiatives, ensure you always ask what more can I do to improve.
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement by self and encouraging the team.
- Display a willingness to learn and train to gain new skills.
- Identification and reporting of issues to Engineers and working closely together to assist in resolving problems to minimise downtime.
- Undertake basic operator maintenance duties in and around the machines.
- Maintain a flexible attitude towards working hours and job role within the factory, be prepared to work a reasonable about of overtime to cover holiday and sickness, multifunctional skills will be important to the flexibility of the business.
- Personal Confidence and Assertiveness: Displays a self-belief that instils confidence in others. Prepared to take a calculated risk, being comfortable in their own skin and unafraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Communication: Sees communication as a two way process. Makes time to listen and value the opinion of others.
- Problem solving & Decision Making: Often seeks views of others before making a decision. Demonstrates a clear logical approach, considering all aspects before reaching a decision. Ability, determination and persistence to seek out and act on the root cause of an issue.
- Consistent, Reliable & Professional: Highly committed to their work and goes the extra mile when required to achieve results.
- Relationship Builder: Sufficiently self-aware to understand their personal impact on others. Creates an atmosphere of trust and sincerity, treating people honestly with respect.
- Personal Organisation: Has a structured, focused and organised approach to planning and prioritising their work. Uses procedures and appropriate tools to keep on track.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates an in depth understanding of their function and the knowledge required to carry it out. Speaks with confidence and conviction, demonstrating credibility in their job role. Keen to remain up to date and knowledgeable in their area of expertise.