We are a market leading manufacturer of conveyors / materials handling equipment and are looking for a project manager / project engineer / project designer with CAD experience to manage large conveyor system projects for food, pharmaceutical, and drinks sectors across the UK.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Excellent holiday package + Mobile / Laptop + Access to company benefits including pension.
LOCATION: Office is in Derbyshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Swadlincote, Burton on Trent, Derby, Ashby de la Zouch, Loughborough, Leicester, Nottingham, Stoke on Trent, Birmingham
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
* You’re joining a good business. We are a profitable, well established and respected manufacturer of high quality conveyors to the food / pharmaceutical industry.
* You will be given autonomy to support the design process and manage clients throughout the lifecycle of projects.
REQUIREMENTS - Project Manager
To be considered for this role you MUST:
* Have a proven track record of success managing design led projects from conception, through design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of conveyors / materials handling equipment / industrial capital equipment.
* Have experience of 2D CAD packages. Any exposure to 3D packages (and specifically Solidworks) would be an advantage.
* Have some exposure to any of the following manufacturing / service industries: food / drinks / pharmaceutical/ eCommerce /
You will probably carry an appropriate engineering qualification (ONC / HNC+) though a strong background is more important.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Project Manager
This is an office based project management vacancy – working from a site in Swadlincote, Derbyshire. You will be managing large projects of conveyors / conveying systems / materials handling equipment with clients from the food / drinks / pharmaceutical / eCommerce sectors.
You will be working with clients from initial contact, through the consultation, design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of products – maintaining contact and building a rapport.
As the primary point of contact, you will keep both internal and external customers informed of progress against milestones as the project develops.
You will be required to stay at customer sites throughout the installation / commissioning process of the project.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Project order values are up to £1m, but a typical order is between £50k and £100k.
Excellent technical support is available to support in-house, including an experienced proposals manager.
We are a privately owned, market leading manufacturer established for almost 20 years. We are a financially strong and profitable company with a wide array of core clients across from the UK. This hire is part of a structured business plan to increase company turnover over the next three years.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Design Manager ; Project Manager ; Conveyors ; Materials Handling ; Capital Equipment ; Food ; Pharmaceutical ; Drinks ; eCommerce ; Engineering ; Business Development ; Account Manager ; Senior Technical Sales; Sales Engineer ; Project Engineer; Applications Engineer ; Process Engineer ; Sales Engineer;
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Projects Manager reference SP1708-54 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.