Product and Packaging Designer
PK4824 - PRODUCT AND PACKAGING DESIGNER
£Attractive Basic Salary plus Benefits Package
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of an extensive range of packaging and consumable products, servicing an enviable portfolio of international blue chip retailers.
The company are currently recruiting for a Product and Packaging Designer to expand their team.
Are you an experienced, passionate and innovative product designer?
Can you make a real impact on how products are used both in-store and by the consumer?
Do you thrive on achieving the impossible, love a challenge and being part of a team that really makes a difference to a business?
- Reporting into the Design Manager.
- Tasked with multiple design and product development challenges to support the company’s position as market leaders in innovation.
- Utilising your proven track record of delivering innovation to market, along with design and creative skills, you will be required to take initial headline project briefs and translate these into tangible product solutions.
- With the support of both the Design Manager and Product Development Director, you will be required to take ownership of each project, which additionally requires interaction with their procurement and manufacturing teams to establish viable solutions and headline product commercials.
- Required to present your proposals to both internal teams and external clients.
- Identifying and developing unique, feasible consumable product solutions which deliver added value to our existing customers, new customers and end users.
- Cutting edge, pro-active product innovation.
- Preferably experienced in the design of FMCG type products, you will demonstrate a design portfolio which represents excellent innovation and problem-solving skills, which further illustrates examples of projects taken from their initial brief right through to their market launch.
- A Bachelor Degree / Master Degree in Product Design / Industrial Design.
- A proven track record of innovation and new product delivery to market.
- A good technical understanding of how products are manufactured. Knowledge of mass production techniques would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills combined with a ‘can do’ mentality.
- Full competency in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office packages. 3D solid modelling is ideal but not essential.
- A pro-active enthusiasm for all things design, combined with a passion to deliver products to market.