National Account Manager - Labels/Food
PK4831 - NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
HOME BASED / ANY UK LOCATION
£Negotiable on Experience + Package
Our client is a state of the art self-adhesive label manufacturer with cutting edge print technologies for the production of flexographic and digital printed labels, shrink sleeves and promotional labels particularly to retail and food industries, with an envious portfolio of household brand and private label clients which includes all major UK retailers and their supply chain.
They currently require a National Account Manager to sell labels into the chilled food sector in meat, fish, dairy, poultry and food to go markets. This is a highly challenging commercial role with a requirement to deliver Ebitda performance in line with company target. Responsibility for the role will include all internal and external business planning, negotiation, forecasting and cross functional working activities to deliver budgeted sales and build client relationships. To successfully manage this business, you will provide strategic sustainable sales growth in an already successful industry leading business unit.
- Have a full awareness of the customer needs within your category and ensure that you are predicting any trend changes within your category that will impact on the development of packaging sales, as well as the introduction of other pack formats to your customers by recognising where there is a need.
- Hold key relationships with the strategic suppliers within your category, as well as be the account manager of allocated accounts within your category.
- Deliver proactive account management to a portfolio of key national accounts, overseeing ‘best in class’ customer service to the account whilst growing the sales and profitability of the account.
- Contribute to strategic planning in the selected categories.
- Develop and own a pipeline funnel against a new business target with ability to introduce new clients to the company based on historic or new relationships.
- With the support of the Senior Divisional Managers work with the Commercial Director/Managers of labels to develop pricing strategies for categories by being aware of market trends and competitor activity, identifying added value areas of business and ensuring that the pricing model reflects the market needs and the profitability expectations.
- Negotiating pricing and commercial terms and contract within the agreeable standards with key accounts and support the Senior Divisional Managers in negotiation.
- Allow for accurate forecasting and the development of an on-going sales forecast.
- Ensure that all reporting is done in time and with the accuracy to meet the company’s reporting requirements.
- Attend pre-artwork meetings to provide technical support and to ensure thoroughness of information in order to establish timings for the jobs and give attention to detail with regard to the information passed to the CSE’s.
- You will need to demonstrate a track record of achieving profitable product sales growth within demanding large FMCG Ambient/Food product categories.
- Ability to present at all levels.
- Know who the internal/external customers are and what their expectations are and understand the process in this area.
- Have a sound understanding of modern business planning, negotiation, analytical, commercial acumen and influencing skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively.