Engineering Manager, South East
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you an Engineering Manager with a proven background in food packaging / BRC? Have you previously worked as an Engineer? If so, keep reading...!
Specialists in the design and manufacture of packaging for food and beverage markets, this is a business that continuously leads the way in product innovation and prides itself on a proactive approach to recycling and sustainability.
Currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to be based out their site in the South East, the successful candidate will be tasked with optimising site performance, focusing particularly on engineering and technical standards as well as machinery, materials and of course people.
As a member of the Leadership Team and with accountability for 18 employees across the engineering and technical functions, you will be responsible for monitoring, training and developing them as well as recruiting additional team members.
Taking overall responsibility for Engineering and Technical issues you will coordinate and support with regards to engineering/technical breakdowns or failures. Supporting the Plant Manager's drive on continuous improvement and participating in the achievement of the company's business plan, you will strive to enhance technical and engineering standards at the plant.
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will advise on new machinery, new product development, maintenance and capital expenditure, whilst controlling and monitoring expenditure to ensure that the budget is not exceeded without forward planning and justification
- Ensure that all staff are trained to carry out their duties to accepted standards, ensuring full compliance with company health and safety, quality, hygiene and housekeeping standards at all times
- Liaise with various departments to ensure that important information is related in order to optimise performance
- Ensure all essential services are maintained to optimum levels including chillers, compressors, transformers and loading equipment and maintain engineering spares stores
- Collate data and produce monthly reports highlighting pre-fail components
In order to be considered for this position, you must have a proven background in food packaging / BRC with a proven background working as an Engineer. A relevant HND/HNC qualification is required, as are strong leadership and organisations skills.
If this sounds like the next step you have been waiting for, apply now!
REF. AJS894020 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Apply for Engineering Manager, South East
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly