Packaging Innovation Manager, South of England
Exciting opportunity for a Packaging Innovation Manager! Have you managed FMCG projects on a global scale? If so we are looking for you!
Take away coffee cups are everywhere aren't they? You can't walk down the street without passing a coffee shop, whether that be a global well-known chain or a small local café. Even if you don't go in yourself you are likely to pass at least a handful of people carrying their coffee cups with them on their morning commute.
As a true innovator, what a product to get your hands on! There is no job satisfaction quite like seeing the fruits of your hard work literally everywhere you turn, and not just in the UK but across the globe!
Reporting to the Vice President of Innovation & NPD at this global packaging company, this new opportunity for a Category NPD Manager to specialise solely in its coffee and tea sector, will work with paper and plastic disposable tableware which is supplied to QSR outlets, foodservice operators and coffee shops.
Working across international markets, you will be responsible for creating the next generation of products for the category. This is certainly a challenging role; you will need to identify the needs of consumers and work across international manufacturing sites to develop new products, materials and technologies which will lead to growth opportunities as well as margin enhancements.
- To manage and take ownership of all technical projects within the coffee and tea category, developing centrally and deploying globally
- Develop a robust innovation pipeline and implement an NPD roadmap for the segment
- Work alongside the Category Director to gain a thorough understanding of consumer needs, market trends and legislation
- Fully understand the performance and capabilities of the products, assessing against the competition and offering technical support to the account sales teams
So, what attributes will turn this opportunity into a reality for you?
- You will need a minimum of five years experience project managing on an international basis, preferably within packaging innovation / FMCG, and ideally supported by a Master's Degree
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects, ranging from six month to three year timescales
- Ability to form strong customer and supplier relationships with excellent leadership skills
- Expertise in key materials (board, ink, polymers) and conversion technology
There are plenty of opportunities for career development within this global organisation. If this sounds like the new challenge you have been waiting for, apply now!
REF. AJS894061 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
More jobs like this
- Research and development Corrugated jobs in South East England
- Research and development Cartonboard jobs in South East England
- Research and development Flexible plastics jobs in South East England
- Research and development Rigid plastics jobs in South East England
- Research and development Food jobs in South East England