Production Planner - Cartons
PK4878 - PRODUCTION PLANNER
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£ Open + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Childcare Vouchers + Cycle To Work Scheme
Our client is a leading carton manufacturer based in the North, they are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner to ensure key customers are kept in supply by following the carton process production from order to delivery in a timely manner, ensuring OTIF is maintained whilst optimising machine efficiencies.
Please note my client is happy to train someone who is looking to move into this type of role.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Delete the reworked pallets daily to ensure stock sheet is correct
- Calculate call offs for one major client and discuss with customer and logistics to ensure this can be achieved
- Enter call offs using planning software
- Ensure that the information on the Outwork list is up to date and issued minimum twice a week , and that it is returned fully in a timely fashion
- Maintain integrity of customer stock sheets
- Proactively ensure aged stock is kept to a minimum via scrapping procedure
- Issue “Most wanted “ list to logistics and scheduling once per day
- Highlight to plants and supply team any products that are required earlier than expected ETA
- Receipt cartons on internal system using planning software as they arrive in the UK
- Weekend cover as and when required based on rota system
- Ensure all key scheduling priorities are dealt with in line with customer / production demands in an efficient and timely manner
- Work as a team with other schedulers to ensure efficient and effective scheduling of UK and European production to meet customer needs
- Highlight and recommend solutions to any issues / problems with process and procedures in relation to the scheduling operation
- Any other duties relevant to European scheduling as and when required
- Graduate level or equivalent education
- Experience scheduling in an Manufacturing environment
- Experience in planning in JIT FMCG desirable
- Internal Planning Software Training
- Intermediate skills (minimum) in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word,Outlook)
- Ability to speak and communicate in German would be advantageous but not essential
- Flexibility - The willingness and ability to accept and adapt to change and to continue to work effectively.
- Customer Service - The willingness and ability to meet internal and external customer requirements and to deliver a fast, friendly and fault free service.
- Concern for Quality and Safety - Concern to ensure that work is completed to the standard and quality required and that safety procedure are adhered to at all times.
- Problem Solving - The ability to tackle problems by weighing up solutions thoroughly, evaluating possible courses of action and implementing solutions.
- Planning & Organising - The ability to draw up sound and realistic plans to organise one’s own work and where necessary the work of others to ensure efforts are focused, resources are available, progress is monitored, and targets met.
- Motivating and Building the Team - The ability to develop a strong and united team which focuses efforts and makes optimum use of the skills and resources available to achieve objectives demanded.
- Developing Others - The willingness and ability to identify and develop the potential of all within the team and to promote the belief that development and innovation are the norm for the company and for individuals.
- Implementing Change - The ability to respond to change requirements, gain commitment to them and make it happen.
- Commercial and Business Awareness - The willingness and the ability to take into account information relating to the wider environment and to make judgements/decisions based on what is best and most cost effective for the company as a whole.
- Leadership - The willingness and the ability to demonstrate strong, consistent and clear leadership of the team at all times and to direct the efforts of others to achieve Company goals.
- Strategic Orientation - The ability to consider broad and long term internal and external factors when planning and making decisions, able to identify patterns or connections and address key underlying issues, understand linkages and interactions between elements of whole business and understands how programmes and policies impact the overall business aims and able to align these with strategic direction of the business