Assistant Quality Manager
PK4838 - ASSISTANT QUALITY MANAGER
Up to £35K depending on experience
Our client is a leading, independently owned, UK based manufacturer of high quality printed packaging. The markets they serve range from ‘food to go’ retailing, branded high street retailers foodservice/catering suppliers, wholesalers and food processors.
The company currently require an Assistant Quality Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have worked in a BRC accredited environment and be well organised with a very keen eye for detail. There are no direct reports although you will be responsible for influencing large groups of people. Previous packaging experience is not necessary.
- Reporting to the Factory & Quality Manager.
- To work with the Managing Director to assess the quality training requirements of staff.
- To work with the Factory & Quality Manager to ensure that all necessary quality training is completed.
- To work with the Factory & Quality Manager and the Managing Director to develop ‘right first time’ attitudes in production and sales teams.
- To work with the Customer Service Team Leader and Supplies Administrator to ensure that all supplies for setups are correctly prepared prior to machine change.
- To work with the Managing Director and Compliance Manager to assess, continuously improve and update quality procedures.
- To work with the Customer Support Manager in resolving quality (non-compliance) issues and to address corrective measures with the Managing Director.
- To ensure that labels are available and checked in time for use on production runs.
- To check and approve sign-offs.
- To regularly monitor quality of production, packaging and supplies.