PK4845 - SALES MANAGER
Salary dependent on experience + Bonus + Company Car + Pension + Healthcare
Our client is a specialist manufacturer of packaging for the premium drinks sector. They have a vacancy for a Sales Manager in a home based Regional role to cover an area north of the border. The role will be to sustain and grow current accounts and to build upon existing areas of interest.
Full product training will be given, however a thorough understanding of market leaders and supply chain practices within the premium drink sector is a major advantage.
The ideal candidate will have large blue chip FMCG account management previously. Dealing with professional buying groups / major multiple retailers is a major advantage.
Job Purpose: To drive best in class customer satisfaction though great account management in order to maximise revenue and profitability of key customers. To ensure that the company is seen the preferred packaging supplier.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- You will prepare and implement a strategy to develop business within the UK and Ireland premium spirits market
- You will establish business relationships that can be turned into profitable business
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with existing key customers and influence the positioning of the company with the customer
- You will manage the revenue targets aligned with business objectives and targets
- You will negotiate pricing, supply terms and contracts with clients
- You will be the point of accountability for the customer and coordinate all internal customer functions to deliver against the customer’s requirements
- You will understand and manage the demand profiles for both the short and long term in order to provide accurate demand forecasting information
- You will ensure customer satisfaction and drive action planning to improve the ongoing performance as measured by the customer scorecard
- You will maintain sales volumes as well as seek and convert new business opportunities within each customer
- Work proactively with New Product Development Managers to deliver innovative products which meet customer needs
- You will work with Customer Service and Quality Management teams to track and resolve customer complaints and return issues
- You will develop, agree and execute account plans that deliver “win-win” value to the company and the customer
- You will prepare concise visit reports and distribute, with specific actions and timelines
- You will identify and monitor business risks and competitor activity and offer counter proposals to mitigate threats
Areas of Competence:
- Selling and communication
- Influencing and negotiation
- Flexibility, adaptability and time management
- Business finance, problem solving and business awareness
- Opportunity management, planning and activity management