Sales Development Manager - Corrugated Packaging
PK4849 - SALES DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
HOMEBASED, TERRITORY IS SOUTH OF ENGLAND
Guide level of £30K - £35K (This is Genuinely Flexible for the Right Candidate) + Commission + Car
Our Client is a well-established agency who provide packaging solutions including, rigid boxes, corrugated shippers, e commerce packaging, printed folding cartons, carrier bags, POS and general print predominantly to some of the best-known brands (beauty, cosmetics and high end gift markets) in the UK through a global supply base of factories
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Sales Development Manager to join their small, but ambitious company to create new sales leads and generate new business within the corrugated packaging market, the successful candidate will be focussing on selling corrugated shippers / mail order boxes however my client can also supply packaging materials in needed. Essentially, they are looking for someone to join the team who wants to shape how business development is done at the company and who wants an opportunity to for their role to grow within the business as it grows.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Work closely with the Managing Director to set a strong sales strategy and targets.
- Actively seek new and relevant business opportunities for corrugated packaging services, win projects on a continuous basis, and build meaningful relationships with new and existing clients.
- The company will provide you with a detailed knowledge of their projects and processes, you will get to know in-house team on the supply/account management side and project manage an effective handover of client’s requirements to them.
- Autonomous, self-starter and you’re focused and dedicated to the work that you do
- It’s important to you that people enjoy your company - You know how to level with someone and make them feel at ease
- People buy from people they like, and your role is, ultimately, to sell the agency and service with customers up to senior level
- Entrepreneurial with strong negotiating skills and are versatile to new situations
- Able to work independently and under pressure to a high standard and towards tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and pay great attention to detail.
- Strong and confident in communicating verbally and in writing
- Care about presentation and how a message is received.
- Understand the company’s services and understand the importance of expertly communicating their value to potential and existing clients
- Know how to build a network so that it’s easier for you to find leads and know how to make the most of the relationships with existing clients to yield wider business opportunities
- Whether through presentations or 1-1 coffees, you’re an excellent communicator and highly-skilled in getting a message across
- Understand the importance of keeping up-to-date and ahead of all leads and enquiries; persistent but personable/charismatic and you follow things up, no stone is left unturned
- A proven track record of winning, growing and retaining new business and a wide exposure to business relationships with blue chip companies and major brands
- Client account management, ideally with experience of managing major brand’s accounts.
- Experience of developing packaging solutions to meet the client’s needs
- Technical knowledge of corrugated packaging and ability to create technical briefs based on the client’s requirements
- Print and finishing knowledge
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Day-today Mac experience would be useful
This is an excellent opportunity to grow their role within the business as it grows.
Our client is different to other agencies; they’re constantly assessing how they do things to make them better. As a growing business they rarely settle for the status quo, and are always aiming to provide a high quality, attentive and quick response service to their clients, offering the best quality product and price solutions, according to their requests.