Sales Manager - Flexible Packaging
PK4851 - SALES MANAGER
Up to £50K + Commission + Car + Pension
Our client is a well-established flexible packaging manufacturer for the food & retail industries. With extrusion, printing and conversion facilities onsite they are looking for a Sales Manager in a new business role to sell premium bespoke printed polythene films, form fill seal, wicketed bags, luxury carrier bags and mailing bags into food, e-commerce and retail markets.
This is a home based role to cover the whole of the UK.
You will be highly motivated, will work on your own initiative and capable of generating your own costings within company guidelines.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Identify strategic business opportunities to increase sales of the company’s products within your area
- Promotion of their facilities to new and existing clients through a pro-active approach
- Develop and submit quotes to customers, negotiating as necessary to secure the contracts
- Having the ability to recognise opportunities and the sales experience to nurture prospects into clients
- Develop a portfolio of clients into key accounts and lead a sales strategy for the UK
- Servicing the needs of existing customers
- Deliver sales updates and reporting
- Identify and develop prospects into clients
- Reporting of key quotations and new business opportunities to the SD
- Identify new markets for product development
- Implement marketing, advertising and promotion planning as required
- Prioritise activities and prospects towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales
- Extensive travel within sales area
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
The ideal candidate will have experience of printed and converted flexible packaging sales to the food or other relevant industry, or sales within the FMCG environment, an understanding of flexible packaging material properties and applications, as well as having an awareness of printing processes. The ability to target well and identify sales opportunities, ideally using knowledge of the marketplace, is required along with the ability to communicate our unique value added service package to new contacts.
You should be self-motivated and keen to develop new sales / customers in order to help grow the business, whilst able to work closely with the internal support team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to develop close, long term trading relationships with customers at a variety of levels.