Based: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region
Basic Salary Circa: €80,000 - €90,000 + Bonus + Car
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of major expansion in their industrial customer business unit they are looking to set up a customer-focused hub consisting of sales, customer services, procurement, supply-chain and human resources.
- Reporting to the Industrial Business Unit Director this position will be responsible for a team of 10 people in a customer focused office centered on the delivery of packaging solutions to key industrial customers (automotive, components, electronics).
- Managing a budget of circa €25m, you will assure market position growth and profitability for this new Hub delivering against short and medium-term targets.
- Leadership of the local office Hub and its various functional disciplines you will seek to develop strategies to capitalize on the local market in-line with group framework and directives.
- Responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Hub including; sales, packaging design, supplier sourcing, finance and margin performance.
- Satisfy customer requirements in-line with contractual agreements (quality, cost, delay, productivity)
- Define the budget in line with Group management and take control of administrative, economic, financial and account ting responsibilities for the office.
- Set and monitor Hub KPI’s while also developing managerial goals and objectives ensuring consistency of performance.
- Establish, develop and continually review sourcing management systems, including quality control systems for all phases of product sourcing.
- Responsible for Human Resources in the Hub you will grow and retain a solid team for the Hub. Hire and evaluate the performance of all employees.
- BA, BS, BSc (or equivalent) degree in business management or similar commercial discipline.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a General Management role with experience of new business/new office start-ups.
- Experience of operating in an industrial environment dealing with purchasing stakeholders and senior level decision makers.
- Must exhibit strong listening, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and adaptive you will be comfortable managing through ambiguity and adept at building consensus, generating a genuine team atmosphere.
- You will have a strong and proven leadership ability embellished with a true “startup” spirit.
- Perfect fluency in French and English.
- Experience working with SAP is a must have.
This is a unique opportunity to join one a leading global packaging business and lead the establishing of a strategically important business Hub.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we anticipate receiving we will not be able to respond to every candidate.
For further information please email your CV and any other relevant information to Ben.Robson@vitaeselection.com
Apply for Business/General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly