Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – A fantastic opportunity for a career driven individual has arisen to join the UK’s leading supplier of standard and bespoke corrugated packaging solutions.
SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000 base + OTE; £48,000-£54,000
BENEFITS: Company Car + Mobile + Expenses + Contributory Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bristol, Cardiff, Worcester, Birmingham, Oxford, Basingstoke
We are the UK’s leading manufacturer of corrugated packaging solutions with numerous manufacturing sites around the country and a global turnover of +£4 billion and employing in excess of 20,000 people. Our clients cross the spectrum of FMCG, E-Commerce, Food, Automotive, Pharmaceutical & General Industrial and our products include: retail ready litho-laminated packaging, transit cases, consumer units, packs printed for gifts, POS applications and heavy duty industrial products.
We are at the forefront of Corrugated Packaging Innovation and our products offer clients the full spectrum including environmentally friendly, stronger, lighter and cost efficient solutions.
THE ROLE - Business Development Manager
As a result of increasing demand and growth, we are now seeking a proven, dynamic Business Development Manager who will ensure the efficient management of new customers and the subsequent account management. This role comes with the very realistic prospect of career development, subject to PERFORMANCE
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
* Will be responsible for negotiation of price movements of all packaging commodities and services
* Develop and grow relationships with a wide range of customers including blue-chip and SME’s across General Industrial, Food, and Consumer Durables market sectors,
* Ensuring a professional line is presented at all times managing customer expectations as appropriate in line with the business priorities.
* Skilled at identifying, quantifying and proposing a plan to gain additional business from existing customers and the ability to network through clients.
* ENSURING THAT THE CUSTOMER’S SLA IS DELIVERED
WE ARE INTERESTED IN RECEIVING APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WITH:
* A proven track record of success as a Business Developer.
* Ideally a background selling packaging solutions: corrugated, plastics, consumer durables, labels, flexibles would be preferential, however, we are prepared to consider candidates from outside the market who have a track record of selling a technical solution or service
* Commercially astute and consultative approach to New Business and account Managing
* Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
* Strong influencing skills with experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
* Real ‘can-do’ attitude
* Self-motivated, Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills.
* Ability to build and manage a team in the future.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently and in any of the following markets:
*Regional Sales Executive Regional Sales Manager, Account Manager, National Account Manager, Sales Executive, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager. Business Development Manager. Sales Manager. Business Manager / Corrugated, Plastics, Consumer Durables, Printed Folded Cartons, Food Packaging, Consumables, Food Contact Packaging, Flexible packaging, Labels, Recycled Packaging
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Business Development Manager – Corrugated Packaging reference IP1709-10A to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.