Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
PK4881 - MULTI SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Up to £30.5K (depending on experience), 25 Days Holidays, Bonus, Life Assurance, Pension + Additional Benefits
Continental Shifts: 3 x 12 hours - 6am-6pm and 6pm–6am rotating
Our client is a manufacturer and supply of flexible packaging including film and laminates into a variety of markets. An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (on shifts) to join the Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will provide support to the Engineering Team by ensuring all plant, equipment and services are maintained safely in good working order, whilst keeping downtime to a minimum.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will be time served and qualified in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline (with appropriate crossover knowledge). The candidate will be familiar with fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems using a logical approach. They should also ideally possess knowledge and experience gained in a manufacturing environment, preferably flexible packaging or the print industry.
Other competencies may include: Mechanical fabrication, fluid process engineering, heating and ventilation systems, rotary motion control, PLC controls, DC and AC inverter drives.
Ideally the successful candidate will possess a workplace H&S qualification, e.g. IOSH/NEBOSH certificate and possess a background in the flexible packaging or other print related industry.
Personal attributes must include:
- Team player (not limited to the engineering department)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels
- Able to build a reputation for service, quality and reliability.
- Able to think, prioritise and plan ahead.
- Able to work to Company Standard Procedures with ability to use own initiative.
- Resourceful with attention to limitations and detail.
- To adhere to all of the Company’s procedures on Health & Safety to ensure accidents and injuries to not occur
- Assist the Engineering Team in ensuring that all tasks are performed in a safe and controlled manner.
- To achieve a high quality of workmanship in all tasks undertaken within a fast paced ‘target-driven’ production environment
- To think and act flexibly, with a willingness to assist and gain knowledge in all areas.