Vitae Selection are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join a moulded plastics manufacturing business based in the Bradford area. This organisation are a progressive and innovative player within this segment of the market with a genuine passion for the products that they produce. Working across two sites (with approximate turnover circa £30m), you will report to the Finance Director and be a key member of the business, having sole responsibility for the Purchasing function. Key responsibilities include developing and executing strategies for the purchase of polymers and plastics, for crafting negotiations and ensuring the closure of deals with optimal terms for the business – you will also be responsible for;
- Forecasting cost analysis and benchmarking including monitoring upcoming demands for raw materials
- Establishing and maintaining the contract database for ensure successful ongoing supplier management - renegotiating contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure value for money and high levels of service
- Working closely with the Finance Director and MD to develop and agree annual budgets and cost saving targets
- Undertaking standardisation of existing terms of contract and implementing continuous improvements to ensure that
- Developing supplier KPI’s to monitor quality levels, adherence to contractual obligations and service level agreements
- Standardising existing terms to ensure adherence to environmental, sustainability, Bribery Act policies
To be considered for this position you will have significant purchasing experience with previous exposure to the procurement of polymers and/or plastics and of working to tight budgetary constraints. This vacancy offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing business in a role with a significant amount of autonomy and opportunity for growth. This is a forward-thinking business who are known for both their delivery and innovation and have recently invested in best-in-class equipment – they can offer both a competitive remuneration package and excellent working environment for the successful candidate.