Desk Based Stock Controller / Customer Services Role - Packaging
DESK BASED STOCK CONTROLLER / CUSTOMER SERVICES ROLE – PACKAGING (PK4893)
YORKSHIRE (Please contact me for further location details)
Up to £25K + 29 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (1 Hour For Lunch)
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer; they currently have an exciting opportunity to for a Stock Controller / Customer Services Representative to join the internal Sales Support Team, and strengthen the company’s Stock Control function.
The role involves many areas of the business and entire supply chain, allowing the successful candidate valuable access to differing business functions to develop their experience with the manufacturing sector. This role involves multiple responsibilities including desk based stock control, working with spreadsheets / excel, responsible for your own customer base, managing their requirements and stock needs and importantly building relationships with customers.
A strong customer services background is essential as this is a key part of the Role
- The business holds customer focus as it’s number one priority and it is essential for the successful candidate to share this belief.
- Be passionate about striving to meet high demands placed upon the different business functions by the organisations demanding client portfolio.
- Be willing to be part of a team whilst being able to manage their own workload and make decisions to get the job done.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be confident and personable in their daily approach to the job.
- Be analytically driven and able to convert and understand data into useful accurate information.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Must be fully proficient on MS office.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (this may be tested at Interview stage).
Desirable But Not Essential:
- Understanding of stock control within a bespoke manufacturing environment. I.e. previous experience of managing nonstandard products from procurement of raw material through manufacture to despatch (The supply Chain)
- Previous experience in a service based role, delivering on customer expectations consistently.
- Previous experience managing a customer base, delivering new product development & launch, stock management and distribution services to a diverse client portfolio.
Job In Brief:
- To work as part of the stock team managing the expectations of the customer whilst working closely with planning, transport and production ensuring that stocks are kept at an acceptable level.
- To manage the total product supply chain from forecasting to discontinuation of products with the main focus being on customer service and achievement of stock availability targets.
- Responsible for your own customer base maintaining service levels through excellent communication skills, liaising with suppliers and customers as well as internal departments in order to ensure stock holding targets are constant.
- Closely monitor and report any slow moving stocks so that appropriate action can be taken quickly and effectively.
- To make sure the right stock is in the right place at the right time.
- Adopting a highly logical approach you will interrogate any stock discrepancies and investigate through to resolution.
- Responsible for monthly stock takes and reconciliation of stock.
- Reporting to the Office Manager.
- Computer literate (must be proficient on MS Excel).
- Experience in stock replenishment.
- Experience of managing a number of relationships internally and externally.
- Understanding of end to end supply chain.
- Defining and implementing process improvement.
- Ability to anticipate problems before they happen and ability to deliver solutions in advance.
- Excellent team worker but equally adept at working alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential.