Hub Sourcing Manager
Hub Packaging Sourcing Manager
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of a drive to add industry-leading Sourcing talent into their business unit they are looking to find a Sourcing Manager to their team in the Grenoble region.
- Responsibility for establishing both the strategy and process of locating and maintaining the best sources of multi-material packaging supplies related to both strategic and tactical purchasing (including establishing/maintaining supply chains and purchasing processes).
- Responsibility for management of the regional sourcing managers on a matrix basis, ensuring that all activities are in line with internal group policies and meet customer expectations.
- Reviewing and updating procurement practices to ensure alignment with new/changing environmental policies, regulations, standards and local laws.
- Establishing and maintaining procurement processes to support customer portfolio demands across both France and Belgium. Assuming responsibility for defining performance metrics to highlight measured comparison of supply chain factors (including assessing product cost and quality) in order to meet both internal and customer expectations.
- Documenting procurement processes including system flows, workflows, cycle times and position responsibilities. Actively giving consideration to all aspects of supplier relationships, assessing variables including value, quality and the ability to respond rapidly to changing customer needs.
- Partnering with reliable suppliers who can commit to long-term partnership, pro-actively initiating regular negotiations with key suppliers to achieve optimal conditions and preparing and maintaining supplier contracts. Supporting project teams to deliver customer contracts; highlighting annual saving targets, QVE etc.
- Leading meetings with key suppliers to cement mainframes and milestones of cooperation, shaping negotiations and closing deals with optimal terms whilst ensuring the assessment, management and mitigation of all risks throughout the purchasing procedure.
- Developing procedures for the coordination of procurement with other functional business units including sales and finance and working closely alongside the Quality Assurance department to assess and select reliable suppliers. Actively explores internal relationships with regional purchasing departments; searching for and capitalising on synergies
- University/college educated to degree level with at least 5 years’ experience in a procurement role within a manufacturer of industrial products (components, packaging, Tier 1 automotive, electronics etc.)
- Experience of managing large supplier bases with value of circa €60m and of managing end customer demands towards third party suppliers within an exceptionally fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates strengths within the management of suppliers including creation of standardised procedures and terms and conditions paired with an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes, supply chain and logistics constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to gain credibility quickly and effectively, paired with strong influencing and negotiation skills whilst enabling effective customer and supplier relationships
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the buying of packaging materials is essential.
- Language skills - fluent English speaking is essential as is at least professional standard French speaking
- IT Skills - knowledge of IT application including MS Office are essential, experience of SAP is also highly desirable