Entry Level Opportunity into a Packaging Business / Quality Controller
PK4915 - ENTRY LEVEL OPPORTUNITY INTO A PACKAGING BUSINESS / QUALITY CONTROLLER
MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£16K - £19K + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:30pm
Our client is a leading global specialist in luxury retail packaging; they supply luxury paper bags, rigid boxes, polythene carrier bags, gift boxes, jewellery packaging, ribbons, tissue and fabric bags to high end clients in the fashion, beauty and retail markets.
They are currently looking to recruit a Quality Controller who is passionate, and driven and looking to join a fast paced business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business who are willing to train and provide a full insight into the business. My client is looking for someone who has good attention to detail, experienced in using spreadsheets and eager to learn.
The successful candidate must be confident enough to work with little supervision with a calm approach. The ability to resolve quality challenges from initial receipt through to delivery to the customer in a professional manner is paramount.
You will be responsible for monitoring quality across our entire portfolio of packaging formats, maintaining live data and route cause analysis.
Principle Tasks of Job:
- Maintain quality checking records and ‘Gold Seal’ library
- Resolve quality challenges to resolution swiftly and calmly
- Maintain route cause analysis reporting and cost recovery data
- Ability to work largely unsupervised, time planning is essential
- Ability to improve on and develop market leading quality assurance processes
- Be able to conduct professional and meaningful relationships both internally and externally and be able to deliver stakeholder requirements maintaining and improving quality
- Be able to engage and communicate with partner factories overseas to develop and improve our quality assurance.
- Be flexible and proactive to deliver to tight deadlines which may include cross functional tasks
Training and Development:
- Be willing to take part in any training set in agreement with company requirements
- Principle Competencies
- Good level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite is essential
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working largely unsupervised