Folder Gluer Operator - Corrugated Packaging
FOLDER GLUER OPERATOR (PK4933)
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£Genuinely Flexible Depending On Experience + Overtime
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm
The company do extend the working day in busy periods either by working a double shift pattern or further overtime. So flexibility and willingness to do overtime and shifts when needed is essential (as well as the skills to set and operate the machine).
Our client is a corrugated packaging company based in the North West, they have an excellent reputation in the industry and have invested in new machinery.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced speciality folder gluer operator, they are looking for someone with sound experience and who is able to set and run a multipoint gluing machine. Experience operating a Vega gluing machine would be an advantage.
Our client is looking for someone dependable and has the skills they need and is able and ready to take responsibility for operation of a new installation. An individual who enjoys working as part of a close team and is keen to deliver excellent customer service, take responsibility for what they do and manage a team of support operators
Skills & Experience:
- Gluing experience is essential
- Must be conscientious, fit and reliable
- Experience of Corrugated Packaging is ideal but not essential. Applications from within the Carton Industry will be welcomed
- A proven background of setting, running and maintaining gluing and folding equipment such as Bobst, Vega, Tanabe and Jargenberg.
- Experience with full range of folding/gluing styles including straight line, four corner and crash lock
- Knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques
- Able to work Flexible work patterns including double shift working at peak times
- An Excellent eye for detail
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Production of Corrugated Boxes of various styles including four corner, crash lock, straight line and other multipoint varieties.
- Perform make-readies and oversee all machine set ups, running speeds and product quality
- Quality control at every stage of the process
- Setting machinery to the correct specification
- Ensure that their team performs to acceptable standards.