Are you a Packaging Technologist looking for a role in Kent? Do you have experience within in an FMCG or similar environment? If your answers are 'YES' we may have just the opportunity for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Technologist within our European Research & Development team, where you will be able to take the next step in your career and gain valuable experience in a global FMCG company.
Who are we?
You may be more familiar with our products than with our company name. Batiste dry shampoo, Pearl Drops Whitening tooth polish, Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste, Femfresh Intimate wash, Orajel toothache & ulcer relief, Sterimar natural sea water nasal spray and Nair hair removal products all form part of our exciting brands. And we are growing our brand portfolio every year.
Church & Dwight UK Ltd are based in Folkestone, Kent, where we develop and produce & distribute many of our products and work with Sofibel in Paris to form the European team. We are part of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. based in New Jersey, USA.
We are seeking a Packaging Technologist to join our Research & Development team, based in Folkestone, Kent on a permanent contract, starting as soon as possible. The role will involve a range of exciting projects, developing consumer and transit packaging for our bottled and tubed brands for the UK and France.
Regular duties include:
- Developing suitable consumer and transit packaging including display cartons, shelf ready packs, corrugated containers and pallet layouts
- Managing modifications to existing product packaging
- Managing project documentation
- Developing and executing package testing plans
- Offering factory support for pack design related engineering issues
- Validating designs through to full scale manufacturing
- Ensuring that all regulatory and legal considerations are applied to all assigned projects
- Assisting with quality investigations regarding pack design
- Incorporating cost targets into all new pack designs
Who we are looking for
We welcome applications from Packaging Technologists looking to broaden their experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A University degree or Diploma from an accredited body in Packaging or a relevant Engineering discipline; or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of the development of various types of packaging and testing
- Knowledge of the manufacturing techniques for packing consumer products
- Good project management skills, ownership mentality, with strong results orientation and business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven delivery focus
- A good understanding of business and line efficiency impacts of all new designs
If you would like to apply for this opportunity and have the a valid European passport or visa that allows you to undertake this opportunity, please contact our HR Team explaining why you would like to work with Church & Dwight UK and attaching a current CV to:
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly