Planning and Purchasing Manager - Labels
PK4947 - PLANNING AND PURCHASING MANAGER - LABELS
NORTHERN HOME COUNTIES
*12 MONTH MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT*
£Salary depending on experience / this exciting role offers a competitive salary & benefits working alongside a dedicated team.
Our client is a self-adhesive label manufacturer with an impressive customer base in a wide range of industries.
The company currently require a Planning and Purchasing Manager to cover Maternity Leave for 12 months. This role will involve the effective planning and management of the flow of customer orders through the business, liaising with both internal departments and suppliers to ensure they achieve 100% OTIF delivery to their customers. To take responsibility for the purchasing of materials and negotiating with suppliers.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a pressurised environment excelling at being able to balance ever-changing workloads. They will have excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and problem solve with the team but still be able to work autonomously. This role requires someone who is able to take a methodical but flexible approach whilst always being aware of the company goals.
The company are currently investing in technology to support the business strategy with the introduction of a new MIS system, the successful candidate will need to be able to pick up and learn new systems efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Plans and prepares production schedules.
- Ensuring collaboration between different staff in different departments.
- Liaising with Account Managers to discuss setbacks in time or processes.
- Draws up master schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Highlight the possibility of future demand exceeding capacity and recommend appropriate actions.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
- Organises project paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records.
- Management of supply chain.
- Monitors production and raw material costs.
- To work within the remit of ISO9001.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Good standard of education – ideally to degree or HND level, or equivalent experience within the print & packaging industry or a very similar manufacturing environment.
- Numerical and verbal reasoning and commercial awareness.
- An ability to communicate at all levels.
- Appreciation of customer service.
- The ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Demonstrates decisiveness with problem solving skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic approach.
- Team player.
- Understanding & experience of working within ISO9001.
- Experience working to KPI’s.
- Computer literate, ideally experience of resource planning systems.
- Flexibility may be required on occasion to accommodate workload.