Maintenance Engineer - Plastic Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK4950)
Flexible hours/various shift patterns available
Our client is a packaging manufacturer based in Derbyshire currently looking to employ a Maintenance Engineer. The company are changing the way they operate their maintenance to increase production and profitability of 25% growth per annum for the next 5 years.
You will be responsible for maintaining extrusion lines and over 10 packaging lines comprising multi-station, high volume machines, roll fed, form, cut & stack lines etc. plus lots of other ancillary equipment. The site is producing over 100 million components per month so this is a challenging position.
- Working in a team of highly skilled Engineers
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Improving health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
Applicants with mechanical or electrical bias will be considered. You must have relevant engineering qualifications and preferably will have worked in a similar role in a packaging manufacturing or large scale production environment.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer - Plastic Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly