Business Development Manager - Packaging
PK4953 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£36K - £40K + Bonus + Phone + Pension + Staff Benefits (After completion of probation period) + Mileage
ROLE IS A MIX OF HOME AND OFFICE BASED
Our client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of premium presentation packaging, they work directly with premium brands throughout the world to design, manufacture and fulfil innovative, quality and cost-effective packaging.
Our client’s UK team is growing and they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager into their team, to generate new business sales across premium rigid board and carton products. The role will be focussed on new business development through cold calling and prospecting new clients, contacting dormant /relapsed accounts and maximising spend with larger accounts.
With the support of a Project Co-Coordinator, Lead Creative and working with/reporting into the Managing Director, you will be responsible for generating the new business sales in line with the company’s growth plans.
There is no restriction on geographical territory, although due to the nature of the company’s client base the role will predominately cover London and the South East.
Experience selling into high end retailers and brands is essential for this role, our client is happy to consider any packaging background as long as the candidate has a background selling into high end and ultra-premium retailers.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a proven, successful background in premium packaging sales
- Be target driven
- Be confident and happy to cold call and conduct face to face sales
- Have a technical knowledge of carton and rigid box manufacturing
- Be able to ‘hit the ground running’ and self-generate opportunities
- Fuel, update and report on an existing CRM system
- Work to sales targets and report weekly to the company MD
- Understand luxury/premium packaging and the role design plays in securing sales
- Be enthusiastic
- Be detail attentive and confident in multi-managing an array of customers and projects
- Have a high level of confidence with business IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM systems (Pipedrive) and general web based applications
- Have a can-do attitude
- Be capable of working within a team and sharing information
- Be flexible on working hours when the need arises
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks logically
- Be happy to go the extra mile
- Have a degree of gravitas and a professional demeanour
- Have a keen interest in premium product/packaging
This role comes with huge progression opportunities. The position would suit a self-motivated individual who can really buy into the company’s ethos of first class customer service and exceptional service levels.