BDM / Area Sales Manager - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK4956)
BDM / AREA SALES MANAGER
Our Client delivers innovative concepts with technological and commercially viable design solutions for a broad base of customers predominantly in chemical, horticulture, lubricants, agrochemical and automotive markets in the UK. They are currently seeking an additional BDM / Area Sales Manager in a home based role for management of existing accounts and for development of new business.
Purpose of the job :
To work as part of the external sales team; maximising sales and profitability on the allotted geographical territory or allotted market sectors.
- Ensure that all existing customers on the allotted territory/ markets receive the required levels of service and quality to maintain and develop sales volumes through close liaison with the internal sales team and other departments in the operation as appropriate.
- Secure new, profitable business from both existing and new customers
- To project manage new product development, liaising with the customer and internal functions to ensure an effective and speedy implementation
- To work with customers to maximise the accuracy of demand requirements and investigate shortfalls against expected demand
- Ensure that all increases for both polymer and non-polymer costs are fully recovered from customers through appropriate price increases
- Agree appropriate credit terms for new customers and ensure they are adhered to by each customer, resolving any payment issues highlighted by credit control
- Monitor continuously for competitor activity at all blow moulding users and report activity to the Sales Manager
- Work with the Sales Manager to determine an annual sales budget for the territory, including new business targets
- Working in conjunction the rest of the sales team, adopt a flexible and pro-active approach at all times and to carry out any other reasonable duties as and when directed by the Sales Manager
- Requirements for the role:
- Have demonstrable selling skills with a proven track record in a customer facing role within the Blow Moulding or Injection Moulding industry.
- Have strong negotiating skills
- Maintain strong working relationships
- Work towards a set target
- Have good commercial acumen and the ability to compile accurate and concise reports