Senior Packaging Group Manager
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of major expansion in their industrial customer business unit they are looking to recruit a Senior Packaging Group Manager, reporting to the Global Key Account Director.
- The purpose of this role is to actively contribute to the customer’s account plan developments via multi-material design support. In parallel to building a network with customers design community and co-ordinating the project design team activities.
- Pro-actively liaising with customer’s design community and internal remote design teams located all over EMEA.
- Create and implement design strategy for the account.
- Actively support packaging/solutions development corresponding with Schneider Electric needs
- Create multi-material packaging solutions based on the project briefs from customer
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while co-ordinating the project design team activities
- Support customer packaging design with insight of global manufacturing possibilities
- Take full responsibility of managing whole process of design development. (from briefing till implementation)
- Attend customer visits with or without the sales person being present
- Build and continuously develop cooperation with external product specialist / suppliers designer globally
- Actively gathers and share information about new materials, technologies available on the packaging market globally
- Continuously monitoring competitors on the market
- Contribute to global standardisation and rationalisation of specification projects, to reduce current 10 000+ SKUs
- Must exhibit strong listening, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and adaptive you will be comfortable managing through ambiguity and adept at building consensus, generating a genuine team atmosphere.
- Perfect fluency in French and English.
- College or university degree (ex. Industrial Design School, Packaging Engineering) preferably in technical design,
- Experience in people management is preferred
- A packaging focused designer with a minimum 5 years experience within industrial packaging design
- Fluent English language skills, any other language an advantage
- Open minded and positive when dealing with challenging and changing situations
- A team player that is open to collaborate while seeking solutions.
- Able to convert customer’s conceptual ideas into engineered deliverables. Understand transportation requirement and how it would affect the structural design is a plus.
- Experienced with various packaging materials used in multi-material solutions and transport packaging. Experience with moulded cushions (EPP/EPS, Moulded pulp) is plus.
- Show enthusiasm, drive and determination, result- and efficiency oriented.
- A founded knowledge of common and new materials, manufacturing processes, technologies
- Multicultural awareness
- Experience with ESKO ArtiosCAD software and Kongsberg cutting table
- Experience with 3D design software Creo, Solidworks or similar
- Experience on global standardisation and rationalisation of specification projects, would be highly appreciated.
- Experience in creating global packaging libraries and databases and maintaining them live.
This is a unique opportunity to join one a leading global packaging business and lead the establishing of a strategically important business Hub.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we anticipate receiving we will not be able to respond to every candidate.
For further information please email your CV and any other relevant information to email@example.com