PK4983 - POUCH SETTER - LANCASHIRE
£9.87 per hour
40 hours per week: 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 Monday to Friday.
Our client is a well invested and profitable packaging manufacturer. The company operate 5S, six sigma and lean manufacturing principles and adhere to the highest food contact and food safety standards. Our client is also fully BRC/IOP and ISO accredited. The company philosophy is to be at the forefront of flexible packaging innovation and developing innovative products, in-house, promptly and to a consistently high standard.
Job title: Pouch Setter
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the operational activities of the pouching department and provide the necessary training to enable the skill level to be kept to the required level.
- Ensure the setup and monitoring of the manufacturing process in order to detect any defects or deviations from standards and to ensure adjustments as necessary to rectify faults and minimise waste in the process.
- To liaise with the manager on all matters of production and quality control.
- Constantly challenge existing methods and procedures to achieve right first time production.
- Take a lead role in continuous improvement and mentor operators in that programme.
- Ensure the equipment and process is capable of delivering the production plan in a timely and efficient manner.
- Effect minor running repairs and maintain the equipment.
- Setting machines or supervising the setting of machines to produce pouches to customer specification.
- Achieving maximum production of acceptable quality product at all times.
- Undertake product developments in conjunction with the technical department.
- Undertaking pre-production inspections and authorising production when satisfied.
- Monitor production quality and packing throughout the shift.
- Provide training to ensure the department has the appropriate skill levels and continuity.
- Ensure that the machine, machine tools and ancillary equipment tools are kept and maintained correctly.
- You must be mechanically minded with some engineering experience.
- You should be technically proficient, decisive and confident with your peers and customers.
- You must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of a wide range of printing, conversion and flexible packaging ancillary processes.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- A good level of oral and written English is required to correctly follow instruction and to minimise any health & safety risk to you or colleagues.