Quality / Health & Safety Manager
PK4994 - QUALITY / HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
A competitive salary and conditions depending on experience
Our client is a progressive print company specialising in high quality printed packaging, primarily for premium food, drinks and personal care markets. The company are currently looking to recruit a Quality / Health and Safety Manager.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager will primarily be responsible for managing and developing the Quality and Health & Safety processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will, typically, have to:
- Manage, train and co-ordinate departmental staff and their daily workload.
- Maintain and communicate Quality Assurance processes and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BRC and relevant standards for the printing industry.
- Be fully involved with accreditation organisations to ensure compliance with current standards.
- Work closely with all of the management team to ensure quality standards are maintained and developed to meet the ongoing demands from customers.
- Ensure H&S standards are maintained and communicated with departmental managers.
- Liaise with customer quality departments both for audit/improvement process and to resolve non-conformances.
- Work with functional departments/personnel to maintain and improve quality processes and procedures.
- Assist in identifying improvements/training to achieve company/group quality goals.
- Conduct appropriate analysis and report on quality performance.
- Evaluate testing systems and prioritise projects for improving systems, methods and processes consistent with the Companies Quality standards.
For this role the candidate is required to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A thorough knowledge of quality and inspection systems in, ideally, a high quality printing environment.
- A proven track record of managing and maintaining Quality Assurance and BRC systems.
- Experience of working within a multi-discipline team in a production environment.
- Experience of initiating improvements within a business and achieving “buy in” from co-managers, staff and employees.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative & collectively within a team.
- Relevant H&S training/experience.
- Annual packaging and waste returns.
- Have excellent communication and analytical skills.