W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts (Corrugated) has an exciting opportunity available for a Production Manager at their site in Northfleet. This key role will involve being responsible for the smooth running of the Conversion Department and the strategic development of these functions and its people and process. In this role you will be responsible for effectively managing staff across all shifts in Conversion to meet and exceed safety standards, output requirements, quality expectations, cost targets and all other KPIs set for you.
What being a Production Manager at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
Key elements of the role involve:
- Driving a good safety culture through Conversion, helping to create safety policies & procedures (including safe systems of work, risk assessments & method statements), train them out and enforce them. Ensuring staff comply with Company safety standards and rules and come up with initiatives to improve safety in Production.
- Overseeing and ensuring Conversion processes are carried out efficiently and safely across all shifts whilst minimising/eliminating waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
- Enabling continuous improvement as a key aspect of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
- Meeting or exceeding Production budgets.
- Working with the Operations team to ensure that Company objectives and KPIs are met.
- Managing the team: supervise and motivate conversion staff, review their performance, manage absence and enforce disciplinary where required.
- Responsible for identifying training and development needs for all Production personnel.
- In liaison with HR department take responsibility for recruitment of Conversion personnel to agreed staffing levels.
We need a strong leader with a can do attitude able to coach the team to the best standards and perform well under strict deadlines. If you are practical, strategic and result driven, then this role is for you!
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Proven experience of implementing safety in a manufacturing environment and some previous H&S training is desirable.
- Ideally have knowledge of the board manufacturing process.
- Strong leadership/management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have an understanding of basic principles of employment legislation.
- Proven experience of improving Manufacturing Practices is desirable but not essential.
- A good work ethic and desire to succeed is essential.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to make logical/informed decisions and lead improvement projects
- Good Communication skills
- People management skills
- Budget management/cost control awareness.