European Packaging Development Manager
A challenging & exciting opportunity to manage two UK based Packaging Technologists & a Technician for all activities to support NPD within this fast paced FMCG brand leader.
You will be using your experience in packaging development to deliver both the brand vision and future growth on all new products for specified brands across : Beauty & Toiletries, Food & Nutrition and Homecare categories.
To deliver key NPD Projects, right first time, to cost, quality and time requirements. Ensure that existing and new packaging components are fit for purpose and are optimised for consumer appeal & use, line efficiency, cost and quality. Support European Technical Packaging Leader in the change and development of the European Technical Packaging Team. Providing packaging development service to Global and Regional Category & Brand Teams and to Supply Chain Teams.
Lead packaging development through design, develop and implement stages of identified NPD activity, in-line with the Packaging Strategy. Manage any laboratory tests and production trials necessary to ensure robust packaging solutions, for all our Products. Provide technical packaging expertise to the design and development of any printed packaging materials. Organise Personal Development Plan and ensure full participation in objective setting and performance review processes. Source product and packaging ideas for the introduction of Product Innovation. Manages Direct Reports and leads their performance management and personal development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required :
IOP or other recognised packaging qualification to HND/Graduate level.
Degree in Packaging, Packaging Design or Engineering Discipline.
5 years’ experience of delivering new packaging development within at least one of the following categories: Retail or FMCG (brand or own label) in Personal Care, Beauty, Food & Nutrition or Homecare.
Track record of working with the design and brand management functions of product development to deliver the required product image & positioning.
Clear and concise communication skills at all levels is critical to this role.
Strong Interpersonal Skills capable of influencing and directing internal and external resources.
Able to adopt an Open and Trustworthy style
Must demonstrate Leadership Skills suitable to develop a functional team
Prepared to take Personal Accountability for tasks and activities involved with.
Proactively seek change and new ideas to deliver Innovation & New Ways of Working
Have a Collaborative style and works effectively within teams, equally as team leader and team member
Displays high energy and enthusiasm to exceed expectations
Demonstrates a strong understanding of the commercial agenda and how to impact and influence through the Packaging Strategy
Technical Skills essential :
• Print methods, design repro, and proofing.
• Rigid packaging design and development including tool development.
• Polymer Science, including materials, production processes, additives, properties, colour-matching, finishes & effects.
• Dispensing technology.
• Corrugated and Transit Packaging
• Gift and Accessory Sourcing and Procurement
• Component and Finished Product manufacturing processes and equipment
More searches like this
- Rigid plastics Research and development jobs in North West England
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare Research and development jobs in North West England
- FMCG Research and development jobs in North West England
- Closures Research and development jobs in North West England
- Beauty and cosmetics Research and development jobs in North West England