CAD Designer - Packaging
PK5018 - CAD DESIGNER
MIDLANDS / EAST ANGLIA (Please contact me for further location details)
£25K - £30K (A Greater Salary Is Negotiable Depending On Additional Duties & Skills That Candidates Can Bring To Benefit The Company) + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm with 30 minute lunch break (37.5 Hours Per Week)
Our Client is a leading independent packaging manufacturer supplying a range of packaging products to an excellent customer base. They are currently looking to recruit a CAD Designer to make history in the creation of pioneering ecommerce packaging designs; supporting the Directors by making their inventions possible for manufacture. Perhaps winning a few packaging awards in the process too.
The company needs an expert CAD Designer responsible for all 2D and 3D packaging designs and specifications using computer aided manufacturing design tools. Work mix is 90% corrugated and 10% solid-board so a greater knowledge is required of corrugated.
Although there will be a traditional commercial aspect to the role, such as liaising with die makers to ensure smooth running of production, this position is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous corrugated packaging experience to use their expertise to further improve the company’s existing corrugated designs.
A solid understanding of Artios CAD software is preferred but the key driver for the company is personality. You will need to have attention to detail and bring passion and dedication to this role so that the products are continually improving.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Use Artios CAD software in producing detailed 2D and 3D packaging concepts of various company products and bespoke projects
- Liaising with the sales department in creating samples from sample request forms
- Liaising with the pre-press department in producing mock-ups and layouts
- Purchase of cutting dies and other relating tooling
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and other company functions as necessary to perform your duties and to aid business development
- Attend any relevant training courses and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, and Quality Management
- In order to help in the efficiency and smooth running of the Company, you must recognise and fully accept that the Company may require you to work in any section carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player
- A pro-active work ethic is vital to the success of this position
- Comfortable in in dealing with senior company Directors
- Able to commute reliably to office base in Huntingdon.
Specific Job Skills:
- An appreciation for detail is essential
- Excellent creative skills
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- An aptitude for working with new technology
- Knowledge of Artios CAD or similar
- IT confident
Literacy and Numeracy:
- A good general education is essential with a good level of numeracy.