Production Manager - Packaging
£Multimillion packaging specialist seeks a delivery focused Production Manager who can effectively engage their team.
BASIC: £35,000-45,000 dependent on value
BENEFITS: 33 days holiday, pension and childcare voucher scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Northampton, Nuneaton, Birmingham, Rugby, Coventry, Kettering, Hinckley or Corby
Production Manager – Packaging
As a £multi-million turnover packaging specialist, our portfolio of clients range nationally and across a variety of industries including Retail, Industrial, Automotive, Toy, Stationary, Telecommunications and Printing. Our service network is set up to absorb client’s pressures as well as providing tailored options for a one stop, cost saving, solution.
To strengthen our senior infrastructure we are seeking a Packaging Production Manager who can effectively lead and focus their team, instilling pride and understanding of process adherence whilst creating an environment that encourages and values development.
Ultimately you will have a proven knowledge within the Packaging industry and demonstrate the vision to identify and bring about positive change.
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR YOUR MAIN DUTIES WILL BE TO:
* Lead, motivate and coach a multi-skilled team of 3 direct reports / 30+ indirect in the smooth operational delivery of quality, manufacturing, maintenance, service targets and costs.
* Effectively forecast to meet fluctuating contracting demands and achieve OTIF performance.
* Identify and implement continuous improvements to strengthen our offering without reducing quality levels.
* Maintain a flexible labour cover programme to be utilised when needed.
* Actively encourage personal development through IDP’s and regular reviews.
* Ensure quality KPI’s are delivered and adherence of quality systems
* Uphold rigorous housekeeping controls in line with our company and industry requirements meeting Health and Safety legislation.
You be joining an entrepreneurial network that can offer career progression, exposure to new challenges and senior mentoring for individual development. A place where you have the autonomy and support to really lead your team.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL HAVE:
* A proven track record of successfully managing a smooth packaging manufacturing operation. It is likely that this will be from a Corrugated, Contract Packing, Box Packaging, Flexible Packaging or Carton background.
* Effective man-management skills, who can motivate, coach and lead their teams.
* The ability to evaluate, challenge existing situations, implement improvements and bring about effective change.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and quality standards/ systems.
* Impeccable organisation, planning and prioritisation skills.
* A strong understanding of IT packages and manufacturing systems.
Although not essential, it would be highly advantageous if you had an understanding of the corrugated packaging market.
Although we are advertising the role as Production Manager, it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles: Packaging Manager, Head of Operations, Manufacturing Manager, Cartons, Continuous Improvement, Contract Packing, Lean Manufacturing, Sheet Plant, Operations Manager, Kaizen, Process Improvement, General Manager, Head of Manufacturing, Box Plant, Six Sigma, Warehouse Manager, Corrugated, Lean Process, 5S, Logistics Manager or Site Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Production Manager – Packaging reference CG1711-28 to DD: +44 (0)1604 6833 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.