Operations Director / General Manager (Operational Focus) - Packaging
Our client is a well-established and highly respected packaging manufacturer operating in the FMCG Market, they are looking to recruit a high calibre Operations Director to look after their ever expanding production lines.
The company are in need of a competent conductor / planner / co-ordinator / man manager to pull it together and make it happen. The company employ 110 people working 3 shifts.
Working very closing with the Managing Director the successful candidate will effectively be the Managing Director’s Number 2 and will be in charge when they are not on site.
Responsibilities / Requirements
- A strong background in the Packaging or FMCG market place
- Operations Director will need to be key to implement the organisations Operations Strategy to fit the overall goals of the company
- To work with the main Board and report monthly objectives and targets Key IT Skills and to work on the ERP Systems
- Directly Responsible for up to 90 people
- Manage Key Personnel – Production Manager & Planner / H&S Manager / Shop Floor Line Managers / Warehouse & Logistics Manager
- Good Manufacturing Operations leadership skills required
- Commercial awareness of the contracts and to work along-side the head of commercial manager to ensure operationally can be produced and delivered
- Lean Management and set KPIs / OEE Report / Efficiencies per each line processes
- Manage planning between Peak & Low seasons to ensure throughput and bottle neck restraints are contained and adequate personal is covered within the year.
- The ability to successfully mentor, enthuse and lead the team
- Responsible for the sites operational function and key communicator and co-ordinator between Sales/Design, Procurement, Commercial, Production, Warehouse & Logistics, Finance & HR functions to ensure all processes are streamlined and working together
- Responsible for Supply Chain Management
- Responsible to ensure Stock levels are maintained and minimised within the business
- Responsible for OTIF (on time in full) deliveries
- Responsible for CapEx and ROI & Co-Ordinate Projects accordingly
- Understanding of multiple SKU’s, Packing Lines, Print Lines, Disciplines etc
- Step in for the Managing Director in his absence Responsible for HR / Personnel duties within operations and training and to adhere to H&S legislations
Our client is looking for a trustworthy and hardworking individual with a hands-on approach, someone who has the ability to really push the business forward
Apply for Operations Director / General Manager (Operational Focus) - Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly