Chief Bottle Maker
4 days left
- Full Time
Chief Bottle Maker – Glass Packaging
Must have extensive technical experience in glass packaging
Based; South Africa (Johannesburg)
Generous package on offer.
We are currently working alongside an industry heavyweight within the mass production of innovative glass containers mainly for food and beverage applications. After a period of sustained and significant investment they are looking to attract a glass expert who is able to utilize their significant experience to train and develop a team of Forming Specialists.
The operation itself consists of three furnaces each with nine 12 section IS machines and world-class R&D facilities resulting in a huge current and potential capacity in addition to industry leading innovation. We are looking to speak with interested and motivated individuals that view glass making as a science, not an art.
- Managing a matrix team of specialists with a strong dotted line this position will focus on three key areas; predominantly continuous improvement and operational excellence activity while also focusing on improving product quality and contributing to NPD & development.
- Creating and developing a culture of training and development in order to take the performance of the forming department back to world-class operating standards.
- Ensure operational, hot-end best practice and standard operating procedures are rigorously applied by the forming team, working with line management to ensure this becomes a way of life.
- Take a lead to improve on the worst performing jobs in the factory, working with Production Managers to achieve measureable improvements.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment including initiatives such as speed up, light-weighting, job change and defect correction.
- Ensure Forming Specialists’ direct involvement in Job On/Job Off process by capturing and providing data on production history and improvement actions.
- Provide early support and expertise in the design stage of the NPD process with accountability for sampling and launch, striving for right-first-time.
- Work with Heads of Departments to optimize conditions for best factory performance.
- Must have significant experience (10+ years) in hot-end forming of which at least 5 years will have been spent as a successful specialist in the area.
- Deep and practical knowledge of hot-end forming operations and a strong working knowledge of IS machines in blow/blow, press/blow and most importantly narrow neck press and blow.
- Ability to demonstrate tangible world-class achievements in delivering performance excellence across Continuous Improvement, Quality and NPD/R&D.
- Active experience of managing a matrix team of specialists.
- Of upmost importance is the ability to show an academic or intellectual aptitude that matches with the complex problem-solving skill-set which is needed in this role.
- An ability to gain trust, respect and authority through a gained legitimacy from having a distinguished career in glass making.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
The organisation in question is looking for genuine business leaders capable of inspiring significant operational change.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: email@example.com
Unfortunately due to the expectedly highly levels of applications we are only able to respond to those with the requisite skills and experiences suited to this role.
Apply for Chief Bottle Maker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly