Print Supervisor - Flexo or Gravure
NEW VACANCY! (PK5072)
LONDON / KENT
Monday to Friday: day shift
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer. The group supplies products to multinational corporations and local market leaders in FMCG industries. In recent years the group has developed from a supplier with a strong European regional focus into a group which is active on a global basis in the world's most attractive and fastest-growing markets for packaging.
They are currently looking to recruit a Print Supervisor to operate presses and to manage teams of up to 15 Operators / Printers on shift.
The ideal candidate will have Flexo or Gravure print experience.
- Plans and supervises the work of skilled Printers and Operators
- Supervises and participates as necessary on presses according to workflow and trains Apprentices in the operation of printing equipment.
- Inspects work in progress and finished materials to see that quality and quantity standards are complied with.
- Resolves technical problems such as special ink mixtures.
- Requisitions materials, inks, and equipment; schedules necessary repair and service of machines; makes periodic inventory of supplies.
- Sees that records of cost, production, and time worked are maintained and appropriate records submitted.
- Performs related work as required.
Education & Experience:
- High school or vocational school qualification preferably supplemented by specialised print training in flexographic or gravure printing
- Considerable experience, including some supervisory experience, in technical printing work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and application of papers, inks, fluids, and chemicals used in printing.
- Ability to train and direct the work of a staff of printing personnel.