Estimator / Designer - Timber / Pallets
PK5082 - ESTIMATOR / DESIGNER - TIMBER / PALLETS
EAST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£30K + 25 Days Holiday
Our client specialises in specialises in recycled packaging and pallets for a wide range of market sectors. They are currently looking to recruit an Estimator / Designer who has AutoCAD skills with costing/estimating experience
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Previous experience of CNC routing and machining, tooling manufacture and assembly works is preferable.
- Educated to a HNC / Degree or Apprenticeship level in one of Engineering, Manufacturing, Management or Business.
- Provide accurate manufacturing costings within deadline that meet the Sales team and Customer expectations using internal systems.
- Interpret Customers engineering data and Sales team needs to ensure all aspects of the requested works are captured including efficiency of design, performance, suitability and transport needs.
- Provide helpful, proactive and Customer focused service on all incoming ‘Request For Costing’s’.
- Ensure Request For Costing’s deadlines are successfully met with clear and professional presentation.
- Produce product drawings and specification sheets.
- Estimate product costs from specification and drawings by utilising Excel estimate forms.
- Contact and co-ordinate the request for cost information from related departments in a timely and increasingly urgent manner.
- Provide explanation of product estimates and obtain Manager’s authorisation when required.
- Understand the capabilities of the final product and it’s ’make up’ of components to design innovative and capable solutions to customer demands within commercial guidelines.
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively and perform arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Work closely with the Sales team, providing an efficient, accurate, comprehendible service to allow the Sales to issue RFQ’s to the customer.
- Improve, update and maintain on a regular basis the estimate templates for each product.
- Produce drawings and specification documentation for all existing products and maintain for future products.
- Produce drawings using ‘VCarve Pro’ to be used by CNC router and cutting machines.
- Amend / update estimate as a design evolves, requiring the need to produce a latest estimation of cost together with appropriate comparisons.
- Continually review production costs to identify any cost differences needing corrective action.
- Maintain and adopt procedures where required.
- Reporting Key Performance Indicators to the Operations Manager in line with company objectives.
- Customer focused communication skills.
- Manufacturing or Engineering background that covers many disciplines.
- Competent in the use of MS Office, Outlook, Intermediate Excel, Word.
- Experience in using 2D and 3D drawing packages.
- A solid understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good telephone manner and communication.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Sound Business acumen.
- Strong team player with ‘can do’ attitude.
Apply for Estimator / Designer - Timber / Pallets
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly