Key Account Director
My client is a leading multinational packaging manufacturer. With a truly global reach and a host of much-envied blue-chip key accounts, they have prospered in the recent market through innovative and bespoke solutions whilst also adding to their portfolio through a number of key acquisitions. As a result of major expansion in their industrial customer business unit they are in the process of setting up a customer-focused hub consisting of sales, customer services, procurement and supply-chain, looking for industry-leading sales talent into their business to bolster their team to focus on major industrial accounts (automotive, components, electronics etc.).
- The purpose of this position is to manage strategically important accounts by developing & establishing profitable relationships across complex internal and external (customer) networks.
- Working with local, regional and global central functions you will implement a holistic account management strategy, creating growth for the business and savings for the customer.
- Spearheading the coordination and management of high-value multi-production site projects across Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Middle East and Africa.
- Optimisation and understanding of the supply chain network supporting cost reduction strategies, creating savings for customers and internally within the business.
- Deploying this strategy with key internal stakeholders will require an ability to manage effectively often in a matrix structure.
- You will be responsible for setting, monitoring and achieving ambitious financial targets for your accounts in this region in addition to defining and reviewing bespoke KPI’s for any Key Account Managers supporting on accounts.
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and customer production sites, assisting on local account development plans on a plant level, manage commercial quotations, price changes & any account complaints in-line with Central & Regional guidelines.
- As a key internal stakeholder designing and managing the customer contact map, coordinating local, regional and global internal and external contacts is essential to success.
- Demonstrable experience of selling products to industrial customers within a manufacturing, logistics or supply-chain environment combined with a strong understanding of a logistics supply chain.
- Knowledge or experience of selling multi-material packaging will be highly advantageous.
- This role will require the incumbent to have excellent navigation skills within a customer and internal network with an ability to read other’s styles and adapt accordingly while considering cultural dynamics.
- You will exhibit strong leadership skills and demonstrate an ability to coach, mentor and build the capability of the key accounts team.
- Experience of industrial B2B supply-chains and customer management across multiple territories.
- Given the importance of mobilizing an internal network, fostering win-win peer relationships is key.
- Short-term results oriented, competitive and entrepreneurial you will be a self-starter that ‘gets things done’.
- Perfect fluency in English is a must, with a working knowledge of additional languages is a big plus.
- Best-in-class negotiation skills are expected of someone at this level. The ability to influence is highly sought after.
This is an exceptional career opportunity so we invite applications from
committed, career minded individuals.
Unfortunately due to the anticipated high numbers of applications we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: