Polymer Procurement Manager
My client are an innovative and forward-thinking manufacturer of packaging and polythene located in the West Yorkshire area. They supply their products in to a variety of customers such as food, medical and agricultural companies. We are currently representing our client with the search and selection process for a Procurement Manager role.
Managing the purchasing of polymer raw materials and to set the strategic direction for the procurement of all other direct and indirect goods and services for the companies’ two flexible packaging manufacturing sites. Ensure that goods and services are of the required quality and are delivered on time at the right cost.
- Develop and maintain a procurement strategy and supply base which is aligned with the organisational strategy of the business. Identify areas of potential supply chain improvement.
- Liaise with the commercial, operational and technical teams to monitor and forecast polyethylene raw materials demand.
- Place purchase orders for raw materials and expedite suppliers to ensure that raw materials are delivered in line with the needs of the business.
- Ensure direct materials purchases conducted by others within the business (packaging/additives) are conducted in line with purchasing policies and best practices.
- Negotiate supplier agreements and ensure that accurate material price records are maintained and price changes are communicated.
- Maintain a robust contract management database and effectively manage contracts for services and supplier agreements through the contract lifecycle.
- Provide support on supplier performance related issues to other business functions.
- Ensure that indirect goods and services procurement is managed effectively through the company’s eRequisitions system including supporting and training users of the system.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to maintain the approved supplier list and to ensure that new supplier assessment and supplier performance appraisals are managed in line with documented procedures.
- Research and keep up to date with new suppliers, products and services which may benefit the company and work closely with the Technical team to manage the introduction of new materials.
- Work closely with the company’s energy broker to ensure that the energy purchasing strategy is optimised and non commodity energy costs are minimised.
- Investigate supplier non confirmation reports and provide corrective/preventative actions.
- Work closely with the logistics team and the outsourced logistics service provider to effectively manage the warehousing and distribution of the company’s products.
- Ability to work in a high pressure faced paced 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across functions and at all levels.
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
- High standards of ethics and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good IT skills, ideally including Excel and eProcurement systems.
We are currently compiling a short list for this role; if you would like to be considered please send your CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org