New Business Development Manager - Corrugated
1 day left
- Full Time
PK5129 - OFFICE BASED NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
EAST MIDLANDS / EAST ANGLIA (Please contact me for further location details)
£28K – £38K (Depending On Experience / Proven Track Record)+ 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Our Client is a leading independent packaging manufacturer supplying a range of packaging products to an excellent customer base.
They are currently looking to recruit an office based New Business Development Manager to persuade senior buyers of both new prospects (20,000+ to include the major Internet Retailers) and existing customers (4,000+) to place physical orders and/or accept a meeting with an External Business Development Manager.
This is a senior-level role at the company, so you must have ambition & determination which must rival the Directors.
Proven track record of sales via telephone vital. A background / experience of corrugated packaging would be advantageous but not essential.
The chosen candidate will target 100% new business and will be based office based.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Expected 15 – 20 Meaningful Sales Interactions per day (excluding switchboard level)
- Accurate hand-written notes on an internal system for support team to process relevant information & actions from call and where necessary arrange follow-ups.
- Careful diary management of External BDMs calendars (of mutual convenience to client) prior to agreeing meeting times/dates, subsequently requesting support team send Outlook meeting invitation.
- Geographically plan meeting dates / times to the most efficient use of time / fuel for the BDM (External) to attend meetings.
- Max 100-character abbreviated log of each call on CRM database (Shuttleworth).
- Attend any relevant training courses and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, and Quality Management.
- Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- In order to help in the efficiency and smooth running of the Company, you must recognise and fully accept that the Company may require you to work in any section carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires.
- Proven track record of sales via telephone essential.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under own initiative.
- Ability to challenge / persuade telephone prospect if hurdles need overcoming.
- Comfortable making unsolicited calls.
- Able to demonstrate previous ‘cold call effectiveness’
- Superb telephone manner & communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating with directors and prestigious blue chip companies.
- Quick thinker.
- Team Player.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident and able to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Pro-active work ethic.
- Organised and efficient.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Educated to a minimum standard of 5 GCSEs grade A-E.
Apply for New Business Development Manager - Corrugated
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly