Chemical Process Engineer
Competitive salary + attractive benefits package including pension, health cash plan, discretionary bonus.
Location: Beetham, Cumbria (half-way between Kendal and Lancaster).
My client are a leading provider of renewable packaging material who together with their partners create smarter packaging solutions that increase profits, excite millions of consumers and contribute to a sustainable future for generations to come.
Their outlook is based on three main principles; first-class packaging materials, innovative packaging solutions and a network of like-minded partners, such as brand owners, converters, scientists, entrepreneurs and universities.
A forward-thinking and innovative company, they are conscious of the environment while at the same time creating high-quality products which has led to them being an industry leader and at the forefront of the market.
To provide technical and troubleshooting support to the manufacturing process. This will include advice on chemical safety, improvements in chemical/process efficiencies and approval of new chemicals/suppliers. It will encompass a mix of “hands on” work as well as technical understanding and activities outside of the laboratory.
Responsibilities will include-
- The co-ordination of the safe & efficient use of process chemicals on site
- Carrying out trial work with chemicals in both the laboratory and on the paper machines
- Ensuring MSDS and COSHH assessments are maintained for all chemicals on site
- Providing Technical Support to the production process in the areas of Wet End Chemistry & Coating Chemicals
- Providing technical support as required in the areas of process monitoring & process development
- Assisting in areas of Product Safety
- Providing Technical advice on all aspects of the day to day operation of the effluent treatment plant and associated activities to ensure efficient performance and permit conditions are met
- Implementing the requirements of the mill Environmental (EPR) Permit and ensure ongoing compliance with these requirements
You will be expected to work closely with key people both internally such as Day Technical Staff, Shift Technical Services Staff, Machine Crews/Ancillary Process Operators, Purchasing Department, Company Managers, ETP staff as well as people externally such as Chemical Supplier Representatives and Environment Agency
- Strong initiative
- Analytical problem solving for technical problems
- Range of influencing skills to make required improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Minimum HNC level in Chemistry or similar science discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the paper industry
- Environmental experience or qualification is not an essential requirement
We are currently compiling a short list for this role; if you would like to be considered please send your CV and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org