Packaging Development Engineer / Design Project Manager - Corrugated Packaging
PK5144 - PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER / DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER – CORRUGATED PACKAGING
EAST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£Open + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Childcare Vouchers Available + Free Parking
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer, they are currently looking to employ a Packaging Development Engineer / Design Project Manager to join their team.
The chosen candidate will develop innovative design solutions working with the graphic and structural design team to fit customer requirements whilst ensuring their suitability for manufacture. By effective project management introduce/deliver new products to the factory and customers, controlling all aspects of specification and first order set-up / sign-off. Playing a role in the development of our value selling strategies and running of customer innovation workshops. Also, enabling the smooth introduction of new products both internally and with customers.
You will be an innovative person, who can focus on how the final product will look, how the design appeals to the customers, and the best production method for the product as well as the design.
You will have a background in packaging or product design or have a minimum of 12 months' relevant experience in a technical account manager role, as well as being able to articulate & have the ability to run and present to a group of key stakeholders interested in packaging innovation.
Previous experience using Artios CAD, Impact or Kasemake and designing packaging is required.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Responsible for the design and development of corrugated packaging.
- Visiting customers on a regular basis to take design / project briefs and following them through to order.
- Working with the sales team to create designs that satisfy the customer's requirements, liaising with the production team to ensure solutions are designed for manufacture, making samples, customer visits.
- Working with the Sales Director, Design & Sales Teams to plan, prepare, facilitate & run Customer Innovation workshops.
- Drive CTO and Margin Enhancement projects with customers to reduce packaging costs for the customer and improve margins.
- To provide advice, guidance and support to the technical manager, production, sales team and customers.
- To develop design solutions to fulfil customer requirements whilst considering supply chain issues e.g. performance packaging, palletisation.
- To ensure all designs issued to customers are able to be manufactured effectively at the site, where possible or within the group.
- To raise specifications for new work to enable manufacture and delivery, create single, multi-up and web-layout drawings and develop artwork.
- To liaise with other sites or subcontractors as necessary for new product development.
- To ensure sample making equipment is properly maintained.
- To arrange parcel delivery and tracking when required.
- For new designs liaise with customers and production and project manage first orders, including tool ordering, pre-production meeting, first order trials where required ( in-house and at customers premises), review feedback and make relevant changes.
- Seek and maintain approval system to ensure that relevant approvals are in place from customers and production before ordering tooling.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment for all.
- To produce samples for customer approval, including printed mock-ups.
- Create 3d visual artwork representations
- Bring forward and promote the sector selling approach to the business and our customers.
- Liaise with group retailer experts to ensure up to date positioning
- Co-ordinate information necessary to invoice the customer for first order and tooling costs.
- To work alongside the technical manager to deliver customer projects involving design and innovation, costs out.
- Facilitate any reasonable requests from the business which enable the company goals.
- You will have contact with a range of internal and external employees, teams and customers
- Direct contact with packaging specialists for certain major accounts.
- Contact with corrugated buyers where required usually accompanied by a member of the Sales Team.
- Contact with subcontractors and suppliers.