Graphics QA Operator
NEW VACANCY!! (PK5153)
GRAPHICS QA OPERATOR WEST YORKSHIRE
Salary: Dependant on Experience + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Pension + Healthcare Scheme + Childcare Vouchers + Profit Share + Service Award + Life Insurance
Our client is a high quality specialist printer, with a broad range of clients in FMCG market sectors. They are now looking to recruit a Graphics QA Operator to join their expanding team. The successful candidate will be required to assess incoming files against the companies Print Specifications and PPM notes and QC/QA files leaving the Graphics Department ensuring they meet the required specification within the designated timeline.
You must have at least 5 years’ experience of working within a printing or packaging business with a full Knowledge of all print processes and repro requirements.
Extensive working Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat / illustrator / photoshop)
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Provide an administrative support to the Graphics and Technical departments
- Downloading files and perform a Fit for Use process and generate Artwork report
- Performing Fit for Use process to ensure files supplied are to agreed specification within the time constraints for the customer and the Technical department
- Print Process / Trappings to assist with Fit for Use / Booking in process
- Developing an understanding of digital print
- Learning automated work processes and assisting future development
- Working as a QC / QA check of graphic files prior to release, both internally and externally
- Help develop processes and procedures, SOP's and project development moving forward for the Graphics and Technical departments
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work and communicate within a team
- The candidate must have the following experience IT Literate, specifically in Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Apple Mac's and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working Knowledge of Esko Automation engine would be an advantage
- Working Knowledge of Filemaker and / or Microsoft office would be an advantage
- Good organisational and good problem solving skills
- Well rounded communicator with the potential to liaise with all levels in the organisation, including customers
- Good understanding of the impact of their role to the wider business and its customers
- You will be required to Support as appropriate with housekeeping duties and carry out such other duties that may be reasonably required across the manufacturing area.
- You will take responsibility for your own and other’s health and safety in the working environment
You must be able to work flexible hours.