Flexographic Printer - Wide Web
NEW VACANCY! (PK5161)
FLEXOGRAPHIC PRINTER – WIDE WEB
£Dependent on experience (Circa £30K) + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + overtime
Hours of work: 42 hours per week – 12 hour shifts – 3 on / 3 off over 2 weeks. This could be on a rotating or fixed basis.
Our client is a bespoke flexible packaging manufacturer in the UK. The company have 24/7 operations onsite and are aspiring to bring their print department in line with the rest of the factory. They are currently recruiting for a Flexographic Printer to join their team.
Key Skills / Responsibilities:
- Previous experience operating wide web Flexographic presses.
- Daily productivity responsibility ensuring that individual schedule and targets set are achieved.
- Ensuring that jobs are produced to the highest quality level and that the quality procedures are followed.
- Responsibility for cleanliness and general maintenance of equipment used in the process.
- You are required to relay information through the specification sheet on how jobs are produced and exactly what settings are required to repeat the process.
- Self-motivated individual who pays close attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of Managers and Employees.
- Able to follow instructions and complete within a given timeline.
- Preparation of printing press for running to include full job set up, adjustments of printing plates, ink pressures, feed and tension controls.
- Choose material and inks required for production job being manufactured.
- Monitor running operation of press.
- Solve and correct problems that may occur on press.
- Make quick and appropriate press adjustments when required to avoid expensive loss of material due to errors and to maintain consistent production quality.
- Liaise with maintenance department for any necessary repairs required.
- Remove and clean plates at the end of a press run.
- Complete efficient change over between jobs.
- Maintain accurate production, time and required quality information.
- Follow safe working practices employed by the company.