Senior Research Chemist | Coatings Manufacturer | South West – Relocation Package Available
Research Chemist required by a leading coatings manufacturer to head up and develop the company’s innovation efforts. With award winning R&D divisions and a reputation across Europe as a pioneering innovator in the industry, this is an unmissable opportunity.
Senior Research Chemist | Coatings Manufacturer | South West – Relocation Package Available | Excellent Salary Dependent on Experience
In a well earned position as a global leader in coating solutions for print, security, engineering and industrial substrates, this is very much an innovation-led company. Delivering unrivalled products in the market developed in-house by their dedicated R&D department, they operate from a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit and are industry renowned for their exceptional product performance when it comes to wide format and narrow format specialised print media.
As Senior Research Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Formulating functional surface coatings, adhesives and inks for sale as compounded chemistry or for application to flexible substrates
- Coordinating projects from conception through to commercial acceptance and providing technical support/troubleshooting throughout the product life cycle
- Managing regular and ad hoc projects within the R&D scope
- Updating and advising the Laboratory Administrator (daily) and Technical Director (weekly)
- Liaising with suppliers
- Producing pilot coatings and employing test procedures for establishing functionality/performance
- Preparing for and conducting pre-production trials
Key attributes required:
- Experience as a coatings/inks/adhesives formulator
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good PC skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Educated to Degree level Chemistry
A brilliant opportunity to further your career with a reputable brand. Highly attractive package offered designed to entice the very best in the market. In addition to a significant base salary you will also enjoy financial assistance with relocation if required.
Submit your details in the strictest of confidence to be considered for the role.
More searches like this
- Labels Research and development jobs in South West England
- Flexible plastics Research and development jobs in South West England
- Paper Research and development jobs in South West England
- Packaging materials Research and development jobs in South West England
- Printing Research and development jobs in South West England