Design Manager - Packaging
PK5163 - DESIGN MANAGER
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
Up to £40K (Flexible Depending on experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + On-site Parking
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of high quality packaging products for a wide range of market sectors including food and drink.
They are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to supervise a team of 3 Designers.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Co-ordinate and prioritise the management of the regions design resources whilst ensuring that maximum added value and creative / operational opportunities are developed and implemented by working closely with External Sales, Customers and internal departments.
- The successful individual will be a team player who has a strong but positive character presence and remains professional at all times.
- Recruitment, training and development of new staff.
- Assessment and prioritisation of workload to ensure that all work is delivered in the agreed timescales to maximum advantage.
- Ensuring agreed policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitoring team performance against greed KPI’s.
- Close liaison with key customers to ensure projects are delivered as required and that any problem areas are addressed quickly.
- Assisting in the on-going development of CAD and associated procedures.
- Managing a team of 3 Designers.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of structural design.
- Good understanding of computerised design systems.
- Effective people management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Commercial awareness and customer focus – both internal and external.
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills.