Area Sales Manager - Corrugated Packaging
PK5170 - AREA SALES MANAGER – CORRUGATED PACKAGING
TERRITORY: NORTH WEST UP THE M6 TO THE SCOTTISH BORDERS
£ Open (Depending On Experience) + Commission + Company Car + Pension + Laptop + Mobile
Our Client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer who supply the full range of lightweight through to heavy double wall including 0201’s, die cuts and shelf ready packaging predominately to food, ecommerce and automotive markets.
They are currently looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager in a home based role to cover the North West up the M6 linking and to the Scottish borders.
The successful candidate will have experience working in corrugated manufacturing, ideally from an integrated / sheet plant background or packaging distributor.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To hit the ground running with a proven sales background in corrugated manufacturing
- To achieve both individual and team sales budget and margin return in relation to the business plan
- To achieve all individual and team KPI’s as they are agreed
- To actively seek and identify new business opportunities
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and all users of corrugated packaging on the sales territory
- To maintain a calling relationship with all major users in order to develop new business
- To be responsible for the management of “the route to market” within a given sales area
- To achieve all budgeted targets on sales territory by managing the business and relationships with existing customers, monitoring order levels and maximising new business opportunities with these customers
- To seek to add value to business supplied by identifying opportunities to change specification or customer work practices and support credit control when agreed territory terms are not met
- To provide market intelligence relating to competitor activity
- To attend promptly to customer complaints and recommend appropriate action to resolve issues raised
- Maintain regular contact with the Sales manager, Sales Office Manager and Sales Coordinators
- Submit a monthly report in the agreed format at month end
- Submit a sales pipeline on a monthly basis together with the monthly report